Artists and healthcare administrators are invited to participate in The Creative Center at University Settlement’s 2021 Training Institute, registration for which is now open. Applications must be submitted by September 30, 2021.
In the training, which will take place from November 1 – 22, national leaders in the field of Creative Aging will train participants to replicate The Creative Center’s recognized best practices model.
The training, funded by the National Endowment for the Arts and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, will focus on the role of the arts in healthcare and creative aging, engaging practitioners with effective practices for implementing and sustaining high-quality arts programming in settings including community and senior centers, hospitals, nursing homes and long-term care facilities, as well as rehabilitative, palliative, and hospice settings.
“The Creative Center recognizes that arts and health spaces are rife with racial and economic inequity,” said TCC Director Sophia Heinecke. “Throughout November’s training, we will welcome the opportunity to interrogate these topics during every presentation.”
Click here to view the full schedule for the 2021 Training Institute. Presentations, workshops, and discussion groups will include:
- Getting Old: The Aging Body, Mind and Soul
- Narrative and Storytelling in Arts and Health
- Healthcare Artists-In-Residence: What Do You Need to Make it Work
- Older Professional Artists: A Model for Society
- Lifetime Arts: The State of the Field
- Opening Minds Through Art: an intergenerational program
- Museum Panel: Understanding Engagement and Access for Older Adult Populations
- Debut Virtual Performance of The Memory Project’s latest work Inseparable
Registration for the Training Institute costs $350 per selected trainee. Click here to apply. Artists and administrators working NYC (including through SU CASA, senior centers, etc) may apply for and receive a discounted rate of $250. Several scholarships are available. People of color are particularly encouraged to apply.