Making New York feel like home through free English classes
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL:
We offer English for Speakers of Other Language (ESOL) classes at a variety of levels to adult immigrant students during the daytime, evenings, and weekends, free of charge. We have a strong track record of fully supporting adult immigrants through English language classes and counseling services.
We have developed a comprehensive program for immigrant students of all backgrounds, ensuring that any goal is achievable – whether it’s improving language skills, becoming more involved in their children’s education, advocating for themselves and their families, finding a job or training program, or applying for college.
Our goal is to help our students acquire the communication, technology, and life-long learning skills to fulfill their roles as family members, workers, and community members.
University Settlement’s Adult English Classes are a 10 month program that will help you to improve your listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills
We provide free textbooks. Classes start in-person in September!
Daytime classes: Mondays to Thursdays (4 days), 9 – 11am OR 11am– 1pm
Evening Classes: Tuesdays to Thursdays (3 days), from 6:30pm – 9pm
Weekend Classes: Saturdays to Sundays (2 days), from 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a NYC resident and provide proof of address
- Must be able to attend 10 months of in-person classes
- Students will be given a placement test to determine English level.
- Classes start in September 2023 and will end in June 2024.
- Classes are free and the program will provide textbooks.
- Classes are not bilingual, and students are encouraged to speak English only.
INTERESTED? COMPLETE THE FORM & WE WILL GET BACK TO YOU