Family Child Care
The Family Child Care Early Learn program has partnered with Early Head Start in the Lower East Side to provide additional support services to eligible families, and Brooklyn Community Services' Family Child Care Network has partnered with our Early Head Start program to provide support to families in the Fort Greene, Brooklyn area.
Benefits of University Settlement's Family Child Care/Early Head Start program include:
- Year-round, full day (Monday—Friday) child care services for children 2 months – 4 years old
- Referral to licensed home-based providers with years of experience in family child care settings
- High-quality educational curriculum that models center-based structure
- A team of staff collaborating with providers and families to meet various needs
- Continuous developmental assessments and screenings for all children
- Comprehensive special needs and mental health services
- Additional support and education for families, including workshops for parents
- Social service advocacy, referrals, and more!
The Family Child Care/Early Head Start program is funded by the Administration for Children's Services and the Office of Head Start.
- Providing high-quality childcare to families living in the five boroughs. Providers are located in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- For families who are working a minimum of 20 hours or going to school a minimum of 12 hours per week
- Early Head Start provides services to families who qualify and live on the Lower East Side or receive family childcare services in the Fort Greene area of Brooklyn
- Will assist with completing application on-site for ACS Government-Subsidized Child Care and HRA Childcare Supplement
- Fees are based on income and family size composition
- Provide nutritious meals (morning snack, lunch, supper)
For enrollment appointments and additional inquiries, please fill out the form below or contact:
Brigitte Rivera at 212-453-4528 for Manhattan (English and Spanish)
Mengli Ren at 212-453-4577 for Manhattan (English and Chinese)
Stephanie Rodriguez at 646-832-7555 for Brooklyn (English and Spanish)
Rosemary Castellanos at 646-832-0963 for Brooklyn (English and Spanish)
University Settlement's Family Child Care/Early Head Start Program is funded by New York City Administration for Children's Services and the Office of Head Start. The program is regulated by the New York City Department of Health.