The Creative Center Training Institute for Artists and Administrators in Healthcare and Creative Aging 2018
Monday, March 26 through Friday, March 30, 2018
This week-long training, funded by the National Endowment for the Arts and the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs, will focus on the role of the arts in healthcare and creative aging. It will provide theoretical and didactic approaches to implementing and sustaining high-quality arts programming in a variety of settings that serve people living with illness and older adults across the aging spectrum. Artists, as well as nursing home and hospital administrators, will be given everything they need to create "best practice" arts programming in community and senior centers, hospitals, nursing homes and long-term care facilities, along with rehabilitation, palliative and hospice settings. Founded in 1994, The Creative Center at University Settlement has been training artists and administrators from across the U.S. since 2002 to replicate our model in a variety of healthcare settings using the unique training program featured in our book, Artists in Residence: The Creative Center's Approach to Arts in Healthcare.
Presentations, workshops and site visits, led by national leaders in the field of arts and aging, will include:
• Getting Old: The Aging Body, Mind and Soul
• A New Perspective on Dementia
• Crafting Careers in Arts-in-Healthcare and Creative Aging
• Meet Me at MoMA: The Alzheimer's Project at The Museum of Modern Art
• Older Professional Artists: A Model for Society
• Opening Minds Through Art: an intergenerational program
• Sustaining Arts in Health Programming: from "Friendraising" to "Fundraising"
• Creative Aging and Arts in Healthcare: The Current "State" of the Field
Fees: $350 per selected participant. Artists/administrators working in NYC (Su Casa, Senior Centers, or any NYC facility) may apply for the discounted rate of $250. Lunch and all supplies will be included each day. Lodging and transportation to and from NYC is not included. For more info, please call 646-465-5313 or email email@example.com.