back to employment listing
ABA Provider (Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island)
Supervisor: Director of Early Intervention
Overview: University Settlement provides a comprehensive network of services to over 20,000 people of all ages living on the Lower East Side. Its broad network of activities includes adult literacy classes, mental health counseling and intensive case management; group and family day care; support services to the formerly homeless; after-school and summer camp for children and teens; a senior center and a credit union.
Early Intervention is a publicly funded program for children birth to three years of age with a delay or disability. It is administered in New York City by the department of Health and follows New York State Guidelines. University Settlement provides services to children in their homes or community. The program offers Speech Therapy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Special Instruction, Social Work and Family Training Services to children and their parents or caregivers. Our philosophy is to collaborate with families to incorporate therapeutic techniques in their daily activities to provide multiple opportunities for practice and learning in the natural environment.
- Provide Educational Services according to the Early Intervention mandates and best practice principles.
- Submit timely and complete ABA session notes for each session.
- Attend IFSP meetings in the child's home twice a year.
- Submit quarterly notes, with including assessment of the child's skills and areas of need.
- Collaborate with families as partner in intervention including modeling, teaching, discussion and joint activities.
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings when authorized.
- Attend monthly trainings at agency.
- Complete 10 hours of observation within three months of case assignment.
- Participate in quarterly case reviews.
- Complete comprehensive University Settlement ABA training.
- Conduct ABA therapy as outlined in University Settlements ABA manual.
- Collect DTT data, conduct MAND trials, complete graphing, and generalization of skills.
- Participate in direct in-home supervision by the assigned supervisor/team leader.
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Special Education/ Social Work
- Certification in New York State as TSLD, TSHH, Special Educator or License in Social Work (LMSW or LCSW).
Salary: Fee paid per kept client, commensurate with clinical experience
Contact: Please submit cover letter and resume to the link below:
(No telephone inquiries please)
University Settlement is an Equal Opportunity Employer
back to employment listing