back to employment listing
Marketing and Communications Intern
Supervisor: Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications
Overview: University Settlement, The Door & Broome Street Academy serves over 40,000 people of all ages, from infants to senior citizens throughout our multi-racial and multi-ethnic community. Our programs work together to provide each person and every family with the practical and personal tools they need to reach their potential and attain true self-sufficiency. All of the organizations provide services in a diverse and caring environment. As part of the Marketing & Communications team at University Settlement, The Door and Broome Street Academy, the intern will have the opportunity to work on urgent issues and with high profile non-profits.
- Work in tandem with the Communications Associate to track and generate content for websites and social media outlets, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Proactively identify and suggest new opportunities and ideas for using social media and our websites to further Development and Marketing goals.
- Assist with the creation, writing and production of printed and electronic materials including, but not limited to brochures, collateral for special events and initiatives for all three organizations.
- Support the Assistant Director in public relations data gathering and outreach.
- Support the Coordinator of Special Events and Individual Giving to advance Communications campaigns surrounding The Door's Fall benefit, including posting calendar listings, collecting program ads and additional outreach as needed
- Must be working towards, or have already obtained, a Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
- Demonstrated interest in Online Communications, Public Relations and/or Marketing fields
- Proven ability in social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter, and demonstrated understanding of how to utilize for the purpose of expanding nonprofit brand awareness
- Knowledge of current trends and new developments in non-profit online fundraising and social media marketing
- Ability to work independently, attention to detail a must, but also an effective member of a team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple projects at the same time
- Graphic design skills, including current knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop, a plus
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages a plus
Hours: 10-15 hours per week for at least 3 months
Salary: UNPAID, internship can be used toward school credit. Please discuss with school regarding internship credits.
Submit resume and cover letter and APPLY HERE
back to employment listing