back to employment listing
Assistant Clinic Director
Supervisor: Clinic Director
Overview: University Settlement is one of New York City's most dynamic social justice institutions, with an impressive legacy as the first settlement house in the nation. For 130 years, University Settlement has been an anchor in the low-income and immigrant communities where we work, offering pioneering programs in early childhood care and education, youth development, eviction prevention, literacy, theater and visual arts, senior services, and mental health. Each year, we engage over 40,000 New Yorkers through our network of 32 sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our mission is to empower residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole.
The Agency seeks an Assistant Clinic Director to assist with overseeing the Consultation Center and satellite clinics of University Settlement's licensed behavioral health program. The Assistant Clinic Director supports the professional staff and maintains strong familiarity with issues related to policy development, risk management, quality assurance, infrastructure building and marketing.
- Assist the Clinic Director with supervision and technical assistance of staff in the clinic and satellite programs
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of managed care contracts i.e. solicitation, negotiation, management and monitoring of contracts with managed care organizations
- Assist in the intake and screening procedures and clinical case management for the Consultation Center and for satellite clinic programs located at The Door/Broome Street Academy and school based clinics in lower Manhattan (PS636, PS64, East Side High School and Tompkins Square Middle School)
- Assist Director with monitoring the program's billing and reimbursement procedures to ensure maximization of reimbursement; working collaboratively with the fiscal department/billing support; and identifying and implementing new fiscal policies in the clinic
- Assist monitoring compliance with OMH regulations including treatment plans, documentation, assessments and all aspects of the program
- Assist with the implementation of any new OMH initiative that may arise
- Assist with crisis management as needed
- Assist Director with monitoring staff performance levels in relation to the fiscal and budgetary needs
- Assist Director with monitoring levels of service commitments and timely reporting requirements
- Assist Director with the revision of agency risk management policies and their ongoing application and assessing and revising quality assurance procedures
- Participate in Utilization Review activities and assume a lead role in the implementation of new initiatives as well as conduct internal audits and reviews
- Carry a small caseload of at least five clients
- Conduct outreach in the agency and throughout the community
- Represent University Settlement at interagency meetings
- Actively participate in the management team and leadership activities throughout the agency as appropriate
- Participate in Incident Review Committee
- Handle overall Clinic responsibility in the absence of the Director and complete additional duties as assigned
- Other responsibilities assigned by Clinic Director
- LCSW required
- Bilingual -English/Chinese a MUST
- Minimum five years of Post Master's experience in Clinical Social Work.
- Four years of staff supervisory and administrative experience in a clinical setting.
- Experience working from a strengths-based perspective, using positive youth development strategies for at-risk youth and/or Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Strong collaboration, advocacy and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with Early Childhood Mental Health preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience with managed care issues and behavioral health.
- Demonstrated ability to perform program and fiscal analysis
- Experience with EHR.
- Knowledge of OMH regulations
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus generous benefits package
Hours: Full-time (35 hours), with scheduled evening coverage required. Travel to multiple sites required
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
back to employment listing