back to employment listing
Administrative Assistant (Bilingual English/Spanish or Bilingual Mandarin REQUIRED)
Overview: University Settlement is one of New York City's most dynamic social justice institutions, with an impressive legacy as the first settlement house in the nation. For 130 years, University Settlement has been an anchor in the low-income and immigrant communities where we work, offering pioneering programs in early childhood care and education, youth development, eviction prevention, literacy, theater and visual arts, senior services, and mental health. Each year, we engage over 40,000 New Yorkers through our network of 32 sites in Manhattan and Brooklyn. Our mission is to empower residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole.
- Manage and maintain staff and office schedules
- Assist with onboarding of new staff to ensure that they have access to phone, email, etc.
- Integrate new policies and reimbursement related to health care and insurance and assist in developing procedures for new contracts
- Support Psychiatrists if needed (Assisting psychiatrists with medication authorization, controlled medication verification, coordination with pharmacy, patients, primary physicians, etc.)
- Work closely with clinical team to maintain confidential and professional environment at the Consultation Center
- Manage all aspects of the clinic's third party insurance programs, shifting priorities as policies changes
- Manage the implementation, allocation and distribution of transportation to clients via the Human Resources Administration's Patient Transportation Automated Reporting system (PTAR)
- Provide necessary reports, records and statistics as required
- Prepare documentation for the finance department for program expenses, includes processing self pay accounts.
- Provide safekeeping and oversee petty cash funds and copayments.
- Manage and process invoices, RFPs and [purchase invoices
- Updates client demographics and profiles in electronic health record
- Contacts clients to remind them of appointments and monitors daily client visits using electronic health record
- Prepares reports as requested including reports for Quality Assurance and Continuing Quality Improvement projects
- Serves as an intermediary between supervisor and other departmental staff by transmitting written and oral requests, messages and instructions
- Ensures the clinic is in compliance with Article 31 regulations related to privacy, access to records, services provided, hour of operations and others
- Screens all telephone inquiries and routes to appropriate individual for response and maintains telephone log as required by program
- Assists with office duties such as word processing, scanning, faxing, and copying when necessary
- Assists CFTSS program with insurance verification and registration in EHR
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director and Assistant Director
- Bilingual English / Spanish or English/ Mandarin REQUIRED
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Associate's Degree preferred
- One to two years' office experience preferred
- Experience working in Article 31 or another mental health facility.
- Must be adept with computer data entry with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel programs and EHR
- Expertise in adopting/ using a new electronic health record
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be sensitive and respectful to people with mental health issues
Hours: 35 hours per week with some evening hours and Saturdays (must)
Salary: Low 40s plus a generous benefits package.
Contact: Submit cover letter and resume to: APPLY
back to employment listing