back to employment listing
Clinical Social Worker - Fee for Service
As the first settlement house in the nation and for over 130 years, University Settlement has been empowering New York residents by building on their strengths through comprehensive, quality services that meet the current needs of the community; innovation that anticipates future needs; and advocacy to improve the community as a whole. University Settlement's Mental Health Services offers high- quality therapy and treatment plans from culturally sensitive professionals and helps families avert the pain and grief that mental illness can bring.
University Settlement's Community Based Children and Family Treatment and Support Services provides flexible, trauma-informed and culturally competent services to children and families where they need them. Through a continuum of supports and services University Settlement works individually with children and families to develop plans that build on their strengths, supports independence and ensures that children function optimally in their homes, their schools and in the community. Community Based Child and Family Services provide psychoeducation, mental health counseling and support, skill building and coping strategies that enable children to gain mastery over challenges and flourish developmentally.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Conduct comprehensive, trauma-informed culturally sensitive assessments to assess strengths and needs
- Develop individualized service plans and facilitate service delivery
- Provide individualized psychotherapy/counseling to alleviate symptoms or functional limitations identified by the child/youth's assessment/treatment plans
- Provide crisis intervention and develop crisis management plan
- Conduct intensive outreach to client and family
- Facilitate service delivery in accordance to family treatment plan
- Fully knowledgeable of the mental health resources in Lower Manhattan and Brooklyn
- Coordinate treatment plans and collaborate with service providers and community partners
- Maintain complete case management records, data collection, and documentation in EHR
- Become trained in and execute evidence-based models
- Willingness to be an advocate for your program, participants and community
- You have a strong commitment to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
What We Are Looking For:
- You have a New York State LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, Licensed Psychoanalyst, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- You are a relationship builder and love working with people in all walks of life.
- You've provided community and home-based services
- Ability to navigate and support families effectively through crises
- You know communication is key.
- You take the lead also a team player.
- You are organized and passionate about accuracy
- You meet deadlines on time, all the time
- Proven track record of effectively working autonomously is a must
- Comfortable traveling to and working in families' homes and communities
- Bilingual skills in English/Spanish, English/Cantonese or English/Mandarin a plus
- A huge plus if you have experience with young children (0 - 5 years) or domestic violence or with adolescents
Hours: Fee for Service
Rate: $50 per session
Submit cover letter and resume to APPLY
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive community. We support a broadly diverse team who will contribute to our organization. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
back to employment listing